As Innkeepers we are here for you and your wellbeing. Below you will find some of the basic information regarding the Inn.
We realize that every stay is different so don't forget to call us directly when making your reservation so we can address all your questions.
Also, if you have any special dietary preferences or allergies let us know. We will be glad to accommodate all your request.
Cancelation & Deposit policy
We want to keep our policies as simple as possible. Please find the details below:
Standard cancelation & Deposit policy
48 hours prior to arrival date. Past this time we reserve the right to charge a cancelation fee equal to a one night stay plus any applicable taxes. The applicable rate for the cancelation fee will be the same as the room rate for the reservation.
72 hours prior to arrival, we will put a hold on your method of payment provided at the time of your reservation. The hold will be equal to a 1 night stay plus all applicable taxes.
Exceptions to the above standard cancelation policy:
Description: Any special events such as Graduations, Parents Weekend, Reunions, Weddings, Privatization of the Inn or any reservations deemed part of an event. Please be aware that certain events may require a minimum nightly stay!
- 6 months prior to arrival date: 75 percent refund based on the entire cost of the reservation plus any applicable taxes
- 3 months prior to arrival date: 50 percent refund based on the entire cost of the reservation plus any applicable taxes.
- 1 month prior to arrival date: No refund.
All cancelation requests must be made in writing and sent to the inbox of the Abigail Inn: Innkeeper@abigailinn.com
- 25 percent of the entire cost of the reservation to be taken at time of reservation.
- 6 months prior to arrival an additional 25 percent deposit will be requested.
- 1 month prior to arrival remaining balance due.
- All deposits must be made by check and sent to the Abigail Inn: 408 S Mai Street, Lexington, VA 24450
No Show reservations
- No show reservations will be charged the full cost of the entire stay, regardless of how many rooms were booked, plus any applicable taxes.
We love pets, so if you decide to travel with you four legged companion just let us know and consider the following house rules for the comfort of all.
- A cleaning fee of 100 dollars per stay will be applied too your reservation. *
- If you have multiple rooms during your stay, we may charge you the pet cleaning fee on a per room basis if evidence is found that your pet has stayed elsewhere.
- You must contact the Inn upon making your reservation to inform us you will be bringing your pet. (We only allow dogs) **
- We reserve the right to deny you the entry or reentry at the Inn if your dog is belligerent towards others or if too noisy during your stay whereby other guests are inconvenienced. This is for the safety and comfort of all so thank you for your understanding.
Gentle reminders during your stay at the Inn
- We kindly ask that your pet be on a leash at all times when in public areas.
- No pets are allowed in the dining room.
- No pets are allowed on any of the furniture (couches, beds, etc...)
- We will not service your room during the day if your pet stays inside.
- Help us maintain the cleanliness of the property by cleaning up after your pet. The front lawn is off limits, 😉 Thank you
* The reason we apply a cleaning fee is very simple! It takes us longer to fully clean a guest room once your pet has departed. Our process is the following: All linen is sent out to the cleaners for deep wash and we use a carpet cleaning machine to remove all pet hairs and odors. Thank you for your understanding.
** Your pet is a part of your family so we wish to recognize them accordingly. We will prepare his or her bed and bowls prior to your arrival. (no food included)